Highlights of the year:
– Haunted Halloween at Camp Kee-Mo-Kee was a huge success with 1,000 kids on hand!
– We sold flags at the London Santa Claus Parade.
– Breakfast with Santa treated over 600 people to breakfast thanks to our new sponsor Viana Dental Centre.
– Turkey Bingo had to be rescheduled due to a snow storm.
– Family Day was held at the Komoka Wellness Centre. We served 600 hotdogs and 950 cups of hot chocolate, provided skating, trolley rides and an ice carving demonstration.
– We held a fun “Tex-Mex Murder Mystery” dinner meeting that was quite entertaining.
– “Rocktoberfest” rocked the community centre with the Doug Varty Band and a full house.
– Several members attended an OI Leadership Summit in London.
– We ran a BBQ to celebrate the grand opening of the Splash Pad at the Wellness Centre.
– Club members helped organize the SWONT Optimist Charity Golf Tournament.
– New name badges and lanyards were presented to all members.
– BBQ at 1812 re-enactment and Fleetwood Country Cruize-in, Kilworth Garage Sale, Junior Golf, Spelling Bee, Bike Rodeo, Canada Day, Youth in Government and Bingos
Reported by President, Kim Vallieres