During the year we carried on with many activities:
– October dinner meeting was our now Annual “Italian dinner” prepared by club members.
– Changed our long standing Optimist haunted house at the Community Centre to “Halloween at the farm”. Our Halloween event was held at the Gabriel farm and it was well attended.
– Oktoberfest was held at the Komoka Community centre and sold out
– Four Parkview Grade 8 students attended “Youth in government” in November.
– Breakfast with Santa was held at the Community Centre. A total of 630 breakfasts were served and 315 gifts given to the kids. Annual Club Christmas Social was held later in the day.
– Ice rink set up at Kilworth park
– Family day Feb.21 at Kilworth park. Skating, winter sports and hot dogs, Coffee and hot chocolate served. Many attended
– Spelling Bee held at Parkview school and we hosted the Zone finals.
– Bike rodeo at Parkview school in May
– Canada Day celebrations
– Junior golf and Community golf in July
The fund raising activities of the Club included:
– Bingo at the “ Lucky Days” hall in London , BBQing at war of 1812 at Longwoods, Plunkett car show and Kilworth garage sale. We also did a small event for the township at the new Wellness Centre in September. Money raised in the year was given to various Youth groups. Hockey, Soccer, Baseball, Scouting and Guiding, Medway girls hockey, baseball, and HOBY, to name a few. In addition to the regular monthly dinner meetings we also had several other social events for the members and their families.
Reported by President, Pattie Pearn