During the year we carried on with many activities:
– October dinner meeting was now our Annual “Italian dinner” prepared by club members.
– We opened the Community Centre for the Halloween haunted house on Oct 31 and handed out 250 treat bags.
– Held our first Oktoberfest at Delaware Community Centre (Komoka Centre was not available). This was a joint venture with the Delaware Lions to raise money for the new Wellness Centre. We split $3081 in profit
– Parkview Grade 8 students attended “Youth in government” in November.
-Club Social – we at ended the Appin dinner theatre
– Started bartendering at London Music Theatre in the old IMAX theatre at Western Fair
– The Children’s Christmas party was replaced with “Breakfast with Santa”. It was a huge success. Annual Club Christmas Social was held later in the day.
-Tri-Star basketball was held at Parkview school
-Ice rink set up at Kilworth park
– We also held Family Day at Kilworth park. Skating, winter sports and hot dogs, coffee and hot chocolate served. Many residents attended.
– Spelling Bee held at Parkview school and we hosted the Zone finals.
– Bike rodeo at Parkview school in May
– Canada Day celebrations
– Junior golf and Community golf in July
The fund raising activities of the Club included:
– Bingo at the “ Lucky Days” hall in London , BBQing at war of 1812-Longwoods, Plunkett car show and Kilworth garage sale and bartending at London Music theatre. We also did the Corvette show at Plunkett estate the weekend
following his car show and helped Ilderton club BBQ at Filson Auction in Ilderton. Money raised in the year was given to various Youth groups. Hockey, Soccer, Baseball. Scouting and Guiding, Medway girls hockey, baseball, and HOBY, to name a few.
$50000 was pledged to the new Wellness Centre in Komoka
Reported by President, Sandra Davies